PRESS RELEASE : Getting Ready for a Great Spring Fling in Beautiful Dumfries and Galloway27th May 2012
Last Chance to Book up for the Magical Mystery Tours and Ceilidh
Spring Fling organisers have been overwhelmed by the public’s enthusiasm for this year’s open studios event which takes place over the Diamond Jubilee holiday from 2-5 June.
Some of the linked events are nearly sold out, and tickets are disappearing fast for others – including the Magical Mystery Tour bus rides which will take visitors round a selection of the artists’ and craft makers’ studios.
Another great sign that the 10th anniversary Spring Fling will be a big success is that the number of website visits has shot up to nearly 10,000 for March to May 2012 compared to around 5,350 for the same period last year.
Leah Black, Spring Fling Manager, said: “With just a few days to go we are really looking forward to this year’s Spring Fling, and we have been overwhelmed by the level of public interest. The events we have held so far have been a real success and tickets are going very fast for the others.
“There are 76 top-quality artists’ and craft makers’ studios to look around during Spring Fling, so it will make a brilliant way to spend the Jubilee holiday – especially because Dumfries and Galloway is such a beautiful place to visit.”
The wine tasting is sold out, there are five tickets left for Beer and Blethers, the west, east and north Magical Mystery Tours each have two tickets left, but there are spaces for the one for studios in the south. Tickets for the Ceilidh and Hog Roast are going well.
Spring Fling Ceilidh & Hog Roast
Whether you’re a dab hand at Dashing White Sergeant or you’re a ceilidh virgin, all are welcome at the Spring Fling Ceilidh and Hog Roast:
• Saturday 2 June.
• Starts 7pm at Castle Douglas Hall.
• Music by one of the finest ceilidh bands in the land - Two Left Feet; a special performance by Zoe Bestel (she wrote and performed our 2012 soundtrack) and of course, a bar.
• Full Price - £12 (concessions £9). Friends of Spring Fling - £12 for two tickets. Concessions for over 60s, under 15s and full-time students.
• Tickets can be booked online, by email or phoning 01387 213 218.
• For further details see www.spring-fling.co.uk/
Walk and Bike Rides
• For full details about the tours, bike rides and walk see the Spring Fling Website at www.spring-fling.co.uk where the full brochure can be downloaded for free.
• Places for the Saturday and Monday bike rides can be reserved by calling Mike Gray on 01387 270995 and for the Sunday, Ted Norfolk on 01988 700432.
• Guided walk reservations can be made by calling Robin Hogg on 01556 502979 – or turn up on the day.
Magical Mystery Tours
• For full details of the Magical Mystery Tours see the Fling Website at www.spring-fling.co.uk where the full brochure can be downloaded for free.
• Places need to be reserved in advance either on the website or by contacting Leah Black on 01387 213218.
• Tickets are £10 each or £8.50 for concessions.
Download the Free App
A free iPhone and Android app makes planning personalised tours around Dumfries and Galloway artists’ and crafts makers’ studios easy and fun. The new smart phone app contains all the information visitors need to guide themselves round – choosing which studios to visit either by location or type of arts and crafts.
• Find out more at www.spring-fling.co.uk/press-media/press-release-spring-fling-gets-a-smartphone-app/
About Spring Fling
• Spring Fling – which has been shortlisted for Best Cultural Event in the prestigious Scottish Thistle Awards 2012 - runs from Saturday 2nd June to Tuesday 5th June.
• Some 76 artists and craft makers are taking part and visitors will be able to see, and buy, a diverse range of outstanding items spanning painting and photography, jewellery and textiles, glass, ceramics and furniture
• All of the studios taking part open daily from 10.30am to 5pm and free to visit.
• For full details of the programme and the artists, makers and designers taking part, see the website at www.spring-fling.co.uk .
• See www.pmcphotography.co.uk, www.natalievardey.com, www.andersonsart.co.uk, www.cliencestudio.co.uk, www.corsockglass.co.uk
• The Spring Fling pod cast can be seen at http://youtu.be/wmEn8CbIZog
• For enquiries, interviews etc. contact Matthew Shelley on 07786 704299 or Ellen Drummond Ferroni on 07801 820757
• Free-to-use images are available from the Spring Fling website.