PRESS RELEASE: Spring Fling Friends Have More Fun19th April 2012
THURSDAY 19 APRIL 2012
Spring Fling Friends Have More Fun!
Thousands of visitors will soon be heading to Dumfries and Galloway for Spring Fling, Scotland’s premier arts and crafts open studios event.
Those who take advantage of the special Spring Fling Friends scheme will enjoy even more entertainment, and save money too, by benefiting from all sorts of deals and special discounts.
Some of the 76 studios taking part have great special offers including:
• Four free greetings cards with any non-card purchase from Lisa Hooper, creator of lovely original prints and batik
• 10% discounts with textile artist Kay Ribbens
• Free sake cup (great for whisky too) from potter Andy Priestman
• 10% discount from artist Hope London
• 20% off portrait sessions booked during Spring Fling with photographer Kim Ayers
• Discounts on studio-based courses with mosaic maker Kate Anderson
• 10% off the delicate leaf and flower collages made by Jannie Ashmore
• Money off Daniel Lacey’s designer wooden furniture
• 10% off paintings by Sherry Campion
• Free Spring Fling friendly penguins from ceramics artist Christine Smith
• 10% discount on Max Nowell sculptures – smaller indoor works, and impressive outdoor works in stone
There’s lots more too, such as a Friends-only preview from 8-9pm on Friday 1, June with Trevor Leat, maker of fabulous willow and wicker sculptures, which famously include the ones which are the centrepiece of the annual Wickerman Festival. There will also be special demonstrations by painter, printmaker, framer and musician Leo Blamire. And Phil Howard is running a free prize draw to win a lovingly crafted wooden bowl.
Leah Black, Spring Fling manager, said: “Friends membership is really popular, and makes a great gift or a treat for yourself. It’s a chance to get the very most out of a fabulous festival of art which features some of Scotland’s top talent.
‘There are tremendous discounts for Spring Fling Friends on everything from paintings and photography to pottery, textiles and jewellery. And there are lots of special events and activities they can enjoy.
“The Friends scheme brings benefits all year round, with a regular e-newsletter, advance copies of each year’s brochure, and discounts on special art and craft breaks as well as at the Spring Fling online shop.”
This year there is also the chance of two- for-the-price-of-one tickets for the Spring Fling Ceilidh and Hog Roast on Saturday 2, June plus a free ticket to the exclusive Spring Fling wine tasting with Corney & Barrow on Sunday 3, June at the National Museum of Costume.
About Spring Fling
• Spring Fling runs from Saturday 2nd June to Tuesday 5th June.
• Some 76 artists and craft makers are taking part and visitors will be able to see, and buy, a diverse range of outstanding items spanning painting and photography, jewellery and textiles, glass, ceramics and furniture
• All of the studios taking part open daily from 10.30am to 5pm and free to visit.
• For full details of the Friends scheme, the Spring Fling programme and the artists, makers and designers taking part, see www.spring-fling.co.uk .
• Annual membership of the Friends scheme is £15 for an individual or £25 for a couple. There is also a Friends for Life option at £100 per person or £160 for couples – see website for full details.
• For enquiries, interviews etc. contact Matthew Shelley on 07786 704299 or Ellen Drummond Ferroni on 07801 820757
• A backgrounder with additional details on Spring Fling accompanies this release.
• Free-to-use images are available from the Spring Fling website.