This year, we developed the event to make it more accessible and inclusive to audiences new and returning.
We’ve been working really hard but we know there is lots more we could do!
Our work to make the event more accessible included:
– Virtual Studios – since we cannot open studios, virtual studios make the event accessible to a much wider audience.
– Accessible website – we updated our event website to make it easier to use for the visually impaired incl. changes to text size, fonts, contrast, greyscale
– Videos & Subtitles – all videos on the website have text explaining what they are. Any commissioned by Upland include subtitles.
– Digital brochure – we upgraded how you view the digital brochure and have a version available to download.
– Workshops, Talks & Demos – we programmed a range of activities to make these events as open to as wide a range of people as possible.
– We are consulting with DG Voice to make future events as accessible as possible.
– All of the Upland staff and Board have undertaken equality and diversity training.
We know there is lots more we can do but we hope these steps made Spring Fling 2021 more accessible. If you have any questions or would like to discuss accessibility further, please get in touch: email@example.com